So crispy, you’ll forget they were roasted in the oven. A simple and healthier alternative to french fries or potato chips. These medallions are crispy around the edges while creamy on the inside. An easy to make snack or side dish the kiddos will love.
How to make Quick and Easy Potato Medallions:
PREP IT: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Preheat cast iron skillet in the oven.
SLICE IT: Wash your potatoes. Cut into even slices, about 1/2 inch wide. I like keeping the skins on, it adds to the crunchiness and contains a lot of nutrients.
SEASON IT: In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, rosemary and pepper. Mix well to combine.
ROAST IT: Remove cast iron skillet from oven. Be very careful, the skillet will be extremely hot. Arrange your potatoes into a single layer. Do not overcrowd them. If overcrowded, the medallions will steam. Roast in the preheated 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, flip, season with salt, and roast for an additional 5 minutes.
ENJOY IT: Once potatoes are golden brown on both sides, remove from oven.
Potatoes have been historically vital to the survival of humanity globally – from Europe all the way to the Far East.
More recently over the last few decades, potatoes have enjoyed some renewed interest and attention as a prominent component of the blue zone movement, a popular study documenting the five parts of the world where people live longer than anywhere else. They are often attributed above all else to the longevity of native blue zone populations.
Potatoes are one of our family favorite Superfoods, as they:
- Supply an abundance of critical minerals and vitamins.
- Potatoes are prebiotics. Prebiotics are foods that help friendly gut bacteria flourish.
- Potatoes are an antioxidant that helps the body to prevent many diseases.
- The high potassium levels in potatoes helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Potatoes fuel your body without spiking your blood sugar, so they are great for a low glycemic index diet.
- 2-3 russet potatoes, about 1 lb
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Preheat caste iron pan in oven.
- Cut potato into 1/2 inch medallions.
- Add potatoes to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, season with pepper and rosemary. Put potatoes in cast iron skillet in a single layer. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in oven for 25 mins, flip and season with salt, roast for additional 5-7 minutes.
- Once potatoes are golden brown, remove from oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Nutritionix.com. We do our best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only.